One way to give significantly to the mission of Youth Reach Gulf Coast (YRGC) while also benefiting from the stability of a fixed income is a charitable gift annuity (CGA). A CGA is an arrangement that provides a donor a fixed income stream for a term or for life in exchange for a sizable donation to a charity.
What are the benefits of a charitable gift annuity?
- Donors can make an impactful gift while still protecting their income.
- Donors can avoid certain capital gains taxes on their assets while receiving an immediate income tax deduction for charitable giving.
- Donors have the flexibility of several types of assets that can be donated.
- Donors support the life-changing work of Youth-Reach Gulf Coast.
How does a charitable gift annuity work?
- A CGA donor will sign an annuity agreement with us. She or he will then make the donation and receive a tax deduction for the portion of the gift that YRGC will use for our tax-deductible ministry operations.
- Then, we invest the donation.
- Regardless of how financially beneficial our investment of that donation performs, we pay the donor a fixed amount for life or for the length of time contractually agreed upon.
- At the time of the donor’s passing, we receive the balance of the invested funds.